Monday 4 March 2013

Identity

400


400 is a branding consultancy firm based in London. This particular piece was created for Roc Noir, a ski equipment retailer, designed to attract the confident, elite skiing audience. 

Alan Fletcher

Fletcher's most renowned and well known piece of visual identity is for the Victoria & Albert museum in London, which has transcended it's era. 

Peter and Paul

I was really interested in Peter and Paul, as they are such a local creative communications agency. They've worked with many people such as the V&A and Sainsbury's, but I particularly like this campaign for Tramlines, a free music festival in Sheffield. 







These are some pages from my sketchbook, exploring different colours, shapes and some final design ideas. After researching the three different designers, I have learnt that a simple colour palette and shape is most effective, and something I have tried to emulate in my own designs. 


Here are the three final photoshop designs I came up with. I wanted to keep the designs within a pentagram and incorporate a W for westblock in all the logos, choosing the three colours I had experimented with. In the final logo the W is breaking free from the pentagram, as I thought of how our group could break free from the westblock. 






No comments:

Post a Comment