Monday 4 March 2013

Shape and Colour

Stephen Ormandy


"Polychromatism"
I have found looking at Ormandy's work very inspirational for this project. The shapes that some of his structures have created are very similar to the architectural shapes that I'm looking at. I find his use of negative space appealing and it's something I would like to include in my own work. 

Tadashi Nadamoto


Nadamoto's work is very similar to that of Noma Bar in the respect that he uses simplistic shapes and a limited colour palette, something which is very relevant in this project. 

Noma Bar


"Birdland"
I'm looking at Noma Bar's work again because I feel this is the designer whose work is most relevant to my shape and colour project. Like Ormandy, Bar uses negative space in his work, and yet uses it completely differently. Bar takes the negative space and uses it to create a secondary image. I won't be doing this in my pieces, but I hope that their will be some appealing negative spaces. 






  

No comments:

Post a Comment