Monday 4 March 2013

Trace Elements

Emily Enrica


"Teacage"
This image comes from a series of four postcards that Enrica created. This was the most relevant image to my work out of them all, as the marks on the page look similar to the ones that I have been looking at. I admire Enrica's use of typography in this piece, with the lettering of cage reflecting that of a wire structure. In my final outcome I would like to include typography in some way, but am unsure of how I would represent footprints or tire tracks in type. 

Michelle Thompson


I've found Thompson's work really appealing to look at, her use of collage is evident throughout her work, often layering black and white images onto bright vibrant backgrounds. I feel like her work has an element to childishness to it, as lots of the pieces contain childlike scribbles. Because of this, her work really reflects the title of my project, trace elements, because the scribbles have left a trace on her work. 

John Cage


"River Rocks and Smoke"
I really like this piece of work by cage, and am going to try and use a similar style in my own work. I'm not too sure how he has created the brown smoke, but I'm going to try and use shoe polish to see if it has the same effect. 










No comments:

Post a Comment